Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Few More Notches In The Belt

Last night was a good night to visit the yard. After missing opportunities all day, I finally got down there at 1AM. At first I thought I was out of luck again, but then I noticed some big black tankers down past Summit street. The train itself ran almost out to the country, so it ended up being a good, long walk with seeing a lot of my favorite artists along the way.


The beginning of a game of tic-tac-toe. I shoulda made the next move.


This is the first I had seen or even heard of this moniker. Car Man Fran. A railroad worker I suppose.


A faded Plate image. One more coming at ya:


18 Years.


A Colossus of Roads on a tanker in blue. You can't see it in the picture, but written inside the face of the image was "For a good time call 1-800-K-DOG".


Pretty soon I started seeing a streak of images from this artist, 6127. A favorite of mine, so I tried to get some good pics. When they person works with color, it is truly amazing. I have only seen it once or twice, but it was a site to see. Hopefully I can get a picture of that sometime in the future.


Flower.


A little more detailed.


The last one in the series. Sorry I went a bit overboard, I just don't get to see this guys work that often, and when I do it's a treat.


Worm in the core. This took me forever to get an "okay" picture of. "Okay" in quotations.


A very clear Smokin' Joe.


D-Rail in Blue.


Big Bubba. This boxcar was going to turn out to be the best one of the night:


This is my find of the night. Some call him the US Scout, others call him a pothead. I know him by Coaltrain. This is the first of his work I have seen with my own eyes, so I was taken aback for a moment. This is one of my favorites because, well, what he draws looks almost exactly like me, haha. 1988. Also notice the Mr. Bass to the left.


And a closer shot of the Mr. Bass with a bit of Mr. Easley next to him.


I can see a train rolling back and forth on the tracks from my roommate's window right now. I don't know if it's going to stick around, though.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment