Wednesday, February 17, 2010

CRIC Under IAIS

If you head west, the IAIS tracks eventually go over the Iowa River. Under this bridge is a layup for the Cedar Rapids and Iowa City line that goes to Cedar Rapids. Boxcars sit here for weeks on end, so I too a walk down there to see what I could see.

First though, here's some pictures from along the way:


VooDoo Pimp. That hat is familiar, right?


Heinder, Hopper, and Steamboat.


Dekalb?


Skull Roy.


Texican Gothic. I see this rarely, but when I do I enjoy it.

Okay, there were about 6 or 7 boxcars down in the layup. My hands were getting cold, so I didn't want to spend that much time fiddling with any settings, so what you see if what you get.


The Whistle Blower, an old Driftwood from '97, and I see that Rabbit a lot.


Snell Man. I have seen this person's work only a few times, but I enjoy it a lot.


One more Snell Man. A snell, for those of you that don't know, is a type of knot used when tying fishing hooks.


Stackabones. Any relation to Bagabones?


1987.


The Solo Artist. A few years old.


This guy always writes numbers inbetween the tracks that he draws. I still haven't figured out the significance of the numbers.


The Rambler. 30 years. There is another one on the other side of the same car, but most of it has been gone over by now.


VooDoo Pimp's hat.


Cthulu wizard?

Here are a few images from the walk back:


The Karate Kid.


J.B. King Esquire. Hahaha.


Hobo Stew. Sorry about the flash. I was running out of batteries and didn't want to waste anymore shots in case something awesome was ahead and I missed the chance to catch a photo...


...and this is what I could've missed out on. The Rambler of Baton Rouge. '99.


That's it for now. My roommate taught me how to edit photos about halfway through uploading these images, so the last half of pictures looks a lot better than the first half. I'd definitely like to make that old Colossus of Roads and Herby from the last update "pop", so I'll work on that for next time.


Until then...

1 comment:

  1. That 1987 one is Mongoose... i catch a good bit of old mongoose stuff always from the '80s on the east coast. Not sure where he was from. Nice work documenting the past, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete