Friday, March 26, 2010

Down Ol' Texas Way and Back Again

The SXSW festival in Austin, TX was great. Good bands and good food, although there was not a lot of railroad activity going on. I'm back in Iowa now, so, time for more updates. This next update is exciting for me, definitely a lot of first. Anyway, pictures:


The Artful Dodger. A Dickens fan, no doubt. I have seen very few of these, but for some reason this image seems very prolific to me. I guess I've been in the wrong spots at the wrong times.


My first "Water Bed" Lou! Very exciting. I used to see these a lot when I lived in Des Moines, but recently it seems that they are disappearing. Water Bed Lou... now that's a story I'd like to hear.


My first Panama Red. An image that, again, seems to be prolific, I just haven't seen many myself. I suppose we can chalk that up to being a victim of location.


And my second ever Panama Red to be caught on film. Oh yeah, if you don't know exactly WHAT "panama red" is, you should ask the US Scout.


Proviso. I keep noticing this image more and more.


This image is awesome. I rarely see it, but it's definitely full of energy.


A Texican Gothic on a weird scrap gondola.


Nova. From last month. Probably from the yards up in Cedar Rapids.


I don't know much about this image, I just like the colors.


At first I thought this was a Conrail Twitty image. It's not, but it looks good none-the-less.


Mr Bass in Blue. 1991 I believe.


On my way back from Texas, I was in Des Moines for a day and a half and I managed to make my way down to the big yard in the south-east bottoms with my friend Nick. He got a few pictures from our little trip, so maybe I can get him to let me post them for next time.

Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment